You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing family share for a minor

My 2 sons are minors, and they are on my other sons family sharing account. I am trying to move them over to my family sharing account t and it won’t let me. Help

iPhone 11, 14

Posted on Dec 12, 2020 4:49 PM

2 replies

Dec 25, 2020 11:07 AM in response to jdo_apple

The problem is that the transfer is not functioning as described in this article. There are now several questions about this very topic on the board, all with the same problem. I'm trying to do the same thing. My daughter is on my family sharing. My wife set up her family sharing and sent an invite, just as described. But I don't get a notification that there is a pending invitation with the option to allow the transfer. That isn't happening as described in the linked article. The functionality isn't working. Again, there are now several posts with the very same issue. We can read the article and follow the directions, but it isn't working as described in the article. The person that currently has the child in family sharing is NOT getting a notification to allow the transfer. In other words, the instructions don't work.

Changing family share for a minor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.