You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reassigning iPad ownership

I have purchased a new iPad Pro and would like to change the old one to a new account for my wife so she can get her email, etc. on it. As of now my email is delivered to both the new and old iPads. Both iPads are accessing my iCloud. She doesn’t need the iCloud. How do I start? I assume I need to get her an Apple ID, so do I delete the old account and start anew for hers? Any help would be appreciated.

Roy

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 1:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 1:38 PM

If you click or tap on the blue link that Chris posted for you in his first response, that will provide the information that you need in order to wipe (erase) the iPad.

You will be able to create an Apple ID for your wife on the iPad after you erase it and set it up.

How to create a new Apple ID - Apple Support

3 replies

Reassigning iPad ownership

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.