You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID change

Hello guys,

I used to have an old Apple ID but I cannot recover it no matter what because the email service for verification is not in service anymore (the old @ovi.com) and Apple says it can’t send codes to the Apple ID itself which is still my primary email 😔.

So I was thinking it could be possible to just replace my current Apple ID @gmail.com with my old one which is the one I want to use @outlook.com but on the Change your Apple ID page it says my email @outlook.com is not available but it’s because it used to be my Apple ID which I lost access to but an email verification should be good to go but Apple never makes it easy for us. Is there a workaround for this? I just wanna use my primary email again as my Apple ID.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 1:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2020 2:44 PM

If the outlook address is still associated with the old Apple ID, you can't use it for the current ID.

1 reply

Apple ID change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.