You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download Apple Fitness app to iPad

Anyone having trouble downloading Apple Fitness app to their iPad ? I get a message at the top of the screen in the App Store saying “this app requires specific features not available on this device”. The new fitness+ app works on my iPhone and Apple TV.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 14, 2020 2:27 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2021 8:37 PM

I’ve got compatible devices and a new Apple Watch, signed up for the free trial on my phone but can’t use it as I can’t download on my iPad Pro. Everything fully updated.

At least I haven’t wasted any money on it as the trial is free, but Apple are going to need to give me another trial for me to want to do this once it is fixed!

14 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Feb 22, 2021 8:37 PM in response to MichelPM

I’ve got compatible devices and a new Apple Watch, signed up for the free trial on my phone but can’t use it as I can’t download on my iPad Pro. Everything fully updated.

At least I haven’t wasted any money on it as the trial is free, but Apple are going to need to give me another trial for me to want to do this once it is fixed!

Mar 14, 2021 8:08 PM in response to sorr

Yes you can link up an Watch.

Here are the requirements needed to use the Fitness+ app and Watch with a iPadOS compatible iPad.

Your iPad needs to be updated to the latest iPadOS 14.3 or later.

You need a compatible Watch ( series 3 or later ) updated to its latest WatchOS version.

No options

The Fitness+ app will ask to automatically link the Watch to your iPad/ Fitness+ app, after the download of the Fitness+ app from the iOS App Store.

See the iPad/iPhone instructions here below.

How to start a workout.

Tap the link below.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211923

Also, make sure all connected Apple devices are using the same Apple ID/password account information.

Feb 22, 2021 8:54 PM in response to Shore James

If all of your devices are up to date OS-wise, you need to disconnect your Apple Watch from your iPhone.

Then, Bluetooth connect the Watch to the iPad ( you do not need a watch app on the iPad, iPadOS 14.3 was released specifically to allow a direct Bluetooth connection of a qualifying Apple Watch ).

Once your Watch is connected to the iPad via Bluetooth, you can then go to the iOS App Store and proceed to download the Apple Fitness+ app and use all of its features.

Currently there is no direct AirPlay/screen mirroring from an iPad to any other smart TV or smart device using AirPlay2

Apple, currently has ONLY made this feature available to owners/users of an actual Apple TV box.

Best of Luck to You!

Mar 16, 2021 5:16 PM in response to MichelPM

You say that you can link a watch up to an iPad, and Apple says you can link a watch up to an iPad, but it simply does not work. No amount of searching, resetting, updating, restarting has got either of our watches (series 5 & 6) hooked up to either of our iPads (pro models, 1 or 2 years old).

I can get it working on my iPhone, but don’t want to watch a workout on a tiny screen.

I’m pleased that the Fitness+ sub was a trial as I would be more than annoyed if I had paid good money for it!

Can't download Apple Fitness app to iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.