You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X could not be installed on your computer

So I recently upgraded from my 2015 MacBook Air to a MacBook Pro 2020. Once I transferred over my old information onto the new laptop I wiped the old one to gift to a family member. I think I might’ve wiped the disk utility that I wasn’t supposed to because now when trying to install the new OS X it is reading OS X could not be installed on your computer. Please help 😭

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 10:11 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:57 PM

Hello stormylee48,

It looks like you're experiencing some issues reinstalling Mac OS X on your MacBook Air. We will be happy to assist you.

For this instance, we will need to use Disk Utility to erase and reinstall macOS. The following article can guide you through that:

How to erase your Intel-based Mac

Once that is done, you can reinstall macOS on the device: How to reinstall macOS

Please try this and let us know if it helps, we are standing by for you.

Cheers!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2020 4:57 PM in response to stormylee48

Hello stormylee48,

It looks like you're experiencing some issues reinstalling Mac OS X on your MacBook Air. We will be happy to assist you.

For this instance, we will need to use Disk Utility to erase and reinstall macOS. The following article can guide you through that:

How to erase your Intel-based Mac

Once that is done, you can reinstall macOS on the device: How to reinstall macOS

Please try this and let us know if it helps, we are standing by for you.

Cheers!

OS X could not be installed on your computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.