You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete second user?

When I got my new MacBook Pro, I had the company I purchased it from transfer the data to the new laptop with my name. My husband wanted to have his own name on the computer and I couldn't figure out how to change the original name, so I created another used in his name. The truth is, there is no reason for there to be two users. I have my own computer and don't need to be on his. Can I get rid of the original user and just leave him? Everything he has on it is backed up and transferred to an external drive. Any suggestions will be helpful.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 1:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 15, 2020 1:48 PM

Mtanthonis wrote:

When I got my new MacBook Pro, I had the company I purchased it from transfer the data to the new laptop with my name. My husband wanted to have his own name on the computer and I couldn't figure out how to change the original name, so I created another used in his name. The truth is, there is no reason for there to be two users. I have my own computer and don't need to be on his. Can I get rid of the original user and just leave him? Everything he has on it is backed up and transferred to an external drive. Any suggestions will be helpful.

As long as the account you want to keep is an 'admin' account. There has to be a least one admin account.

To delete a user the user has to be logged out. From the Apple in the upper left,  drop down>log out.

Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 15, 2020 1:48 PM in response to Mtanthonis

Mtanthonis wrote:

As long as the account you want to keep is an 'admin' account. There has to be a least one admin account.

To delete a user the user has to be logged out. From the Apple in the upper left,  drop down>log out.

Delete a user or group on Mac - Apple Support

How to delete second user?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.