You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IOS 14.3 ringer volume issue Iphone XR

Updated my iPhone XR to IOS 14.3 and the ringer volume is increasing to the maximum level by itself. When I decrease the volume down to the desired level and lock the phone, it increases back to the Max. It doesn't happen all the time but few times a day. I never had any issues with the phone until i started updating to the IOS 14 and on.

iPhone XR, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:39 AM

Please see this discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250694412. It seems they found way to solve it.

8 replies

Jan 18, 2021 8:12 PM in response to HKiphoneUser

An update (same iPhone 11 on iOS 14.3). I have realized Whatsapp is involved with this volume increase issue as well. So now I have multiple triggers causing an automatic INCREASE in volume from, say, 20% (where I tend to use it) to maybe 95% (house shaking level).

1. The insertion of wired Apple brand headphones into the a lightening jack - immediate vol increase. I manually reduce it.
  2. Hanging up a Whatsapp call (above wired headphone connected before call comes in and still connected when call is terminated) - immediate vol increase. I manually reduce it. (Also, I noticed that the speaker phone indicator is 'on' when I am on a whatsapp call using the headphones - I think this is new since the 14.3 update)

Volume increase remains systemic - all alerts, ringers, etc.

Any thoughts?

Jan 18, 2021 5:38 AM in response to rony199

Hi I have the same issue on my iPhone 11 and only since updating to iOS 14.3 last week.

My wake up alarm appears to reset to itself high volume - I know because I have always set the alarm on the first volume setting above zero. The volume increase plays through to volume strength for all alerts. When locked, I get high volume alerts from Whatsapp, Calendar, Newspaper app, etc messages coming into my phone. When I open Whatsapp and go to its app settings to reset the volume they appear low as originally set. Its infuriating.

Today I discovered that when I insert lighting jack wired headphones it triggers a volume increase - every time. I dont know why. This may be the cause of all volume increases - still unclear at the moment.

Please help!

IOS 14.3 ringer volume issue Iphone XR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.