You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't directly upload iMovie to Youtube after Big Sur update

So before Big Sur, I was able to log into my youtube account via iMovie and upload directly to youtube my edited video.

After the update, I only get a option to youtube/facebook and its only a save option. Where i have to save to desktop and then upload it manually to youtube.

Was the option removed where I can upload directly to Youtube from iMovie or has the option moved to a different location?

Thanks

iMac Pro

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 9:49 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 10:13 AM

Hi, hunteri,

I'm not running Big Sur or Catalina, but from what others have posted here it appears that the direct upload option to You Tube has been removed. The direct upload to Facebook was removed sometime back, before the upgrade to Catalina.

Historically, the most reliable way to upload to You Tube has been, and remains, dragging the video from the desktop into You Tube's upload window. There were constant compatibility problems between You Tube's uploader and iMovie, probably due to one or the other of the apps not keeping up with each other's upgrades.

-- Rich

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 17, 2020 10:13 AM in response to hunteri

Hi, hunteri,

I'm not running Big Sur or Catalina, but from what others have posted here it appears that the direct upload option to You Tube has been removed. The direct upload to Facebook was removed sometime back, before the upgrade to Catalina.

Historically, the most reliable way to upload to You Tube has been, and remains, dragging the video from the desktop into You Tube's upload window. There were constant compatibility problems between You Tube's uploader and iMovie, probably due to one or the other of the apps not keeping up with each other's upgrades.

-- Rich

Can't directly upload iMovie to Youtube after Big Sur update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.