You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch

I have Ipod with IOS 6.1.6 software. My iPod tells me my software is up to date....I am not able to use many apps because of old software. Any suggestions?

Posted on Dec 17, 2020 5:43 PM

4 replies

Dec 18, 2020 6:29 AM in response to Skydiver119

Thank you for the response.

I have had my iPod touch for a few years. Never realized that most of the apps weren’t working until tried to get new music. Apple should offer product exchange when they release software updates that make a device not functional. Spend high dollars on their products only to find out they obsolete.

Dec 18, 2020 6:50 AM in response to rasher65

Your ipod running 6 is a 4th gen I believe.

The 4th gen was released in 2010, the 5th gen in 2014. Even if it were a 5th gen, that’s 6 years old, positively obsolete in tech terms. A ten year old device is practically geriatric in tech terms.

I understand where you’re coming from but I’m afraid tech doesn’t work that way, especially with devices that are that old.

Dec 18, 2020 7:07 AM in response to rasher65

If your iPod runs 6.1.6, it’s a 4th generation iPod touch which was originally released in October 2010, making the device over 10 years old now. iOS 6.1.6 was released in February 2014 (current version of iOS is 14.3). This iPod was also obsolete when you must have bought it. Plus an used 4th gen iPod touch isn’t that much expensive...

iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.