You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam email re iCloud being locked

does anyone investigate phishing emails relating to iCloud?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:00 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 18, 2020 4:03 PM

I don't know how much investigating they do but the following has the instructions below on how to report them to Apple: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 18, 2020 4:03 PM in response to Ckbbk44

I don't know how much investigating they do but the following has the instructions below on how to report them to Apple: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Please report suspicious emails and messages: 

• If you receive a phishing email that's designed to look like it’s from Apple, send it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you forward a message from Mail on your Mac, include the header information by selecting the message and choosing Forward As Attachment from the Message menu.
  • To report spam or other suspicious emails that you receive in your iCloud.com, me.com, or mac.com Inbox, send them to abuse@icloud.com.

Dec 18, 2020 4:05 PM in response to Ckbbk44

Apple encourages reporting those attempts, as stated in Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

"If you received or acted on a likely phishing message: 

If you received a suspicious email, please forward it to reportphishing@apple.com. If you're on a Mac, select the email and choose Forward As Attachment from the Message menu."

Scam email re iCloud being locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.