You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to access AirDropped files

I airdropped photos from my MacbookPro to iPhone, in a newly made folder called Photos. How/where can I find those files on my phone???

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 19, 2020 1:06 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 5:09 PM

Hey there Ben,

We'd like to help you get to viewing those photos sent from your Mac using AirDrop.

We see you have iOS 14 installed, but the latest version is 14.3. You can verify which version number is installed within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

A photo that's sent by AirDrop usually saves within the Photos app on your iPhone. If you check within Photos > Library, please confirm if you see them. You may also need to check under Photos > Albums > Utilities > Imports.

As having a full or almost full built-in storage could cause unexpected behavior, it'll be a good thing to have a bit always available. You can check how much is available within Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Just in case, this link includes an overview of How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If you need more help, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support here: Get Support

Have a good one!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 22, 2020 5:09 PM in response to benransom

Hey there Ben,

We'd like to help you get to viewing those photos sent from your Mac using AirDrop.

We see you have iOS 14 installed, but the latest version is 14.3. You can verify which version number is installed within Settings > General > About. Here's a link that'll show how to first back up, then Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

A photo that's sent by AirDrop usually saves within the Photos app on your iPhone. If you check within Photos > Library, please confirm if you see them. You may also need to check under Photos > Albums > Utilities > Imports.

As having a full or almost full built-in storage could cause unexpected behavior, it'll be a good thing to have a bit always available. You can check how much is available within Settings > General > iPhone Storage. Just in case, this link includes an overview of How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

If you need more help, we recommend reaching out to Apple Support here: Get Support

Have a good one!

Dec 23, 2020 11:09 AM in response to sterling r

Thanks very much for your reply Sterling. I think the problem may have been 'operator error' ...my unfamiliarity with simple differences from Android to iOS methods. My phone was at 14.2. I think the photos did airdrop into my phone's Photos program ...I just retested and that is the case. I find that I can copy/paste them if I want to take them from Photos to a folder usable under the Files program. Thanks again. (now upgrading to 14.3)

how to access AirDropped files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.