You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac book pro which one should i buy for design

Hi i want to change my macbook pro for a new version, but i'm not sure which one would be better for me. I used mainly for autocad and sketchup programs. would be the m1 better? or should I stay with a Intel processor? memory 16GB is enough and same 1TB for storage?

Acoording to my actual mac I have: 2,5 gHZ iNTEL core I5, 4gb memory (2 memory slots , each of which accepts a 1600mhz ddr3, memory module and 500 storage sata disk, but with the years is a become very slow.

thanks

MacBook

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2020 12:22 PM

All i can say is the future of Apple is their SoC, not Intel.

I would investigate your third party apps to see if they run w/ Rosetta2 trouble free, or Universal to run native on the M1.

Anything compared to your old <2,5 gHZ iNTEL core I5, 4gb memory (2 memory slots , each of which accepts a 1600mhz> will be a vast improvement either way.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 20, 2020 12:22 PM in response to louisi13

All i can say is the future of Apple is their SoC, not Intel.

I would investigate your third party apps to see if they run w/ Rosetta2 trouble free, or Universal to run native on the M1.

Anything compared to your old <2,5 gHZ iNTEL core I5, 4gb memory (2 memory slots , each of which accepts a 1600mhz> will be a vast improvement either way.

mac book pro which one should i buy for design

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.