You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I accidentally deleted the things backed up into the iCloud

I just got my first iPhone today but my daughter has had an iPad for 3 years now using my iCloud account. I signed in and all of her photos were on the phone and the iCloud storage is full. I accidentally deleted the things backed up into the iCloud and we still have no space. I want to create her a personal iCloud account but she doesn’t want to lose all of her photos now that they are not saved. Is there a way that she can keep all of her photos that aren’t saved to iCloud and still have her photos on her iPad?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 2:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 21, 2020 5:59 PM

If/when you create a new Apple ID, the photos won’t automatically be ported over to the newly created ID.  You will then have to perform some work to get the photos over to her new ID.

You can go to a computer, login to www.icloud.com and download her photos the computer.  Then go back to www.icloud.com (login with her new ID), and upload the photos from the computer to her iCloud.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 21, 2020 5:59 PM in response to Ginacorio

If/when you create a new Apple ID, the photos won’t automatically be ported over to the newly created ID.  You will then have to perform some work to get the photos over to her new ID.

You can go to a computer, login to www.icloud.com and download her photos the computer.  Then go back to www.icloud.com (login with her new ID), and upload the photos from the computer to her iCloud.

I accidentally deleted the things backed up into the iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.