You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri stopped working. I did everything suggested online. I even re-did the voice stuff. It stopped working a few days ago, ignored it as a glitch, but it persists. Any suggestions?

Siri stopped working on my iPhone7 several days ago. It is charged, the battery is fine, it is not on low power mode, it is not in airplane mode, I re-did the voice practices for Siri and each one got an 'accepted' check mark. I turned Siri off and then on again. Still not working. It has worked fine til the last few days. Every time I say 'Hey Siri' it makes a sound as if it's about to continue and then turns the sound off. Any suggestions?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 22, 2020 9:12 PM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2020 2:51 PM in response to meapplesupportcommunities

Hello!

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone 7 and you've come to the right place for help. We'd like to start by confirming if you've followed the troubleshooting suggestions in the article below, in the order listed:

If "Hey Siri" isn't working on your iPhone or iPad

If "Hey Siri" isn't working after trying those steps, let's test it again after ensuring that you've enabled the following settings:

• Settings > Siri & Search > Listen for "Hey Siri"
  • Settings > Siri & Search > Press Side/Home Button for Siri
  • Settings > Siri & Search > Allow Siri When Locked
  • Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Responses > Always Show Speech
  • Settings > Accessibility > Siri > Always Listen for "Hey Siri"
  • Settings > General > Keyboard > Enable Dictation

Keep us posted on the results.

Cheers!

Siri stopped working. I did everything suggested online. I even re-did the voice stuff. It stopped working a few days ago, ignored it as a glitch, but it persists. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.