You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I easily find and delete photos in my photos library?

How can I easily find and delete photos in my photos library? I am running Big Sur version 11.1

Thanks!

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 4:27 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 5:21 AM

It depends on which photos you wish to delete and why.

There are a number of methods of 'finding' photos:

• if you know the filename you can use the search bar
  • if there are a particular group of photos you want to find then the best way is to create a smart album, you'll find it under the File menu. You can then set rules for finding photos, e.g. photos taken between a particular date, by location, size, file type, etc
  • you can scroll through your photos and delete the photos you do not want individually
  • if you are trying to delete duplicates then that is a bit harder and there are numerous threads on this forum setting out the various ways of doing this

Once you have found the photos you wish to delete you can select either a single photo or a group of photos and press delete or CMD-backspace. This will move them to the Recently Deleted folder and after 30 days they are removed from your album permanently.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 23, 2020 5:21 AM in response to denise CLARK

It depends on which photos you wish to delete and why.

There are a number of methods of 'finding' photos:

• if you know the filename you can use the search bar
  • if there are a particular group of photos you want to find then the best way is to create a smart album, you'll find it under the File menu. You can then set rules for finding photos, e.g. photos taken between a particular date, by location, size, file type, etc
  • you can scroll through your photos and delete the photos you do not want individually
  • if you are trying to delete duplicates then that is a bit harder and there are numerous threads on this forum setting out the various ways of doing this

Once you have found the photos you wish to delete you can select either a single photo or a group of photos and press delete or CMD-backspace. This will move them to the Recently Deleted folder and after 30 days they are removed from your album permanently.

how can I easily find and delete photos in my photos library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.