You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple Mailboxes in Apple Mail On My Mac

Since upgrading to Big Sur, Apple Mail has been adding separate Sent, Junk, and Draft mailboxes under the "On My Mac." I have 6 email accounts and don't want to go through each one to find things, like junk mail.

I have them all set to go to the "On My Mac" as always, but now it keeps adding separate mailboxes for each one. I want a "catch all" and/or expandable as it used to be. Like the Trash in the attached image (it will make up to 6 for each account in the On My Mac section) ...it never makes multiple Trash mailboxes. I keep deleting the mailboxes and they come back. Nothing is in one place anymore. It's driving me nuts.

All of the accounts are listed as IMAP. I have 2 Google/GSuite Hosted email accounts, 3 iCloud email accounts, and 1 Yahoo email account.

iMac 27″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 23, 2020 2:58 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 25, 2020 5:50 PM in response to The Tree Dr

Hello The Tree Dr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It looks like you're having issues with your mail boxes on your Mac Mail application. We understand the importance of organizing your mail accounts, and we'd like to help.

To get started, please check out this helpful link:

Create or delete mailboxes in Mail on Mac

We hope this information is useful. Kind regards.

Multiple Mailboxes in Apple Mail On My Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.