You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I transfer specific albums from my phone to my Mac?

iPhone X

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 6:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2020 9:41 AM

Apple haven't built their software around your particular use case. I'm assuming here you mean photo albums rather than music albums. In general I would recommend that you don't rely on the device as the sole repository on any content that matters. Copy it off to your computer one way or another and back up the data. Photo Album might sync through iCloud Photo Library, but there is also the possibility using that you either end up with a lower quality version in some cases, or an accidental deletion is replicated everywhere.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 24, 2020 9:41 AM in response to Ryan Cogs

Apple haven't built their software around your particular use case. I'm assuming here you mean photo albums rather than music albums. In general I would recommend that you don't rely on the device as the sole repository on any content that matters. Copy it off to your computer one way or another and back up the data. Photo Album might sync through iCloud Photo Library, but there is also the possibility using that you either end up with a lower quality version in some cases, or an accidental deletion is replicated everywhere.

tt2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.