You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover photos from Time Machine

Hi everyone.

Few days ago I installed PowerPhotos on my Mac and I performed a check in order to see if I had duplicates in my Photos Library. Then I realized that I had tons of duplicates, so I used that app to clean my Photos Library.

I figured out that the app deleted from my library also a specific Album and now that album is empty.

I have a backup in an external HD and I used Time Machine to pick up the library before I deleted the duplicates but I have to restore more than 100 Gb and I don't have enough space.

Is there a way to simply choose those photos (without restore all the Photos Library) and copy (or even restore) the photos I don't want to delete?

Thanks a lot!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 9:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 25, 2020 11:44 AM

Hi.

No, there isn't. You have to restore the whole library. However, you can restore it to an external hard drive, open it from there, and then extract just the photos you want from it. Once you have imported those to your system library, you can delete the restored copy again.

Similar questions

2 replies

Dec 25, 2020 12:40 PM in response to Matteo Bossetti

It appears that the duplicates that were removed were the images that comprised that album. You'll have to do what Tony suggested to restore the library and then copy the album from the restored library to your working library with PowerPhotos.

However, you'll end up with duplicates of those particular photos again and will have to find the copies that are not in the album and delete them.

Recover photos from Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.