You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Silent mode desactives itself

Recently the silent mode on my Iphone SE desactives itself on its own and passes on « silent mode on ». Would anyone know why this happens and how I can maintain the Silent mode on?

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 12:34 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 12:56 AM

I am using the Silence button on the side of the phone, and despite the fact that it is pulled down (to silent) I get a message on my screen saying « silence mode off ». I have also tried with the Do not disturb mode but I get the same issue. Generally happens after I listen to a voice message or watch a video or something... would it be a Ios14 feature or a bug?

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 26, 2020 12:56 AM in response to Siabh

I am using the Silence button on the side of the phone, and despite the fact that it is pulled down (to silent) I get a message on my screen saying « silence mode off ». I have also tried with the Do not disturb mode but I get the same issue. Generally happens after I listen to a voice message or watch a video or something... would it be a Ios14 feature or a bug?

Silent mode desactives itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.