You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen time usage not loading

Hi all,

I have screen time enabled on all of my devices (iPhone 7, iMac+MBP). However, I do not see any usage in the screen time menu for any/all of these devices. I have filed many bug reports, but have not heard anything back. I have turned screen time on and off many times but I still have this problem. Occasionally it will work on my Mac, but after a couple days it will stop working. The screenshot below is what I typically see when I open screen time. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Dec 26, 2020 7:39 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 3:42 PM

jmsantafe Said:

Some Thoughts:

A. Verify Screen Time's Status:

"Screen time usage not loading: Hi all, I have screen time enabled on all of my devices (iPhone 7, iMac+MBP). However, I do not see any usage in the screen time menu for any/all of these devices."

Try this, to verify if Screen Time is turned "On":

1. Click: "Options" on the bottom-left corner (Screenshot 1)
  2. Click: "Turn On..." on the top-right corner (Screenshot 2)
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

B. About Providing Feedback:

"I have filed many bug reports, but have not heard anything back"

When you provide feedback, Apple does not get back to you directly. Feedback is used so that Apple can get word on different things from its customers. The more feedback they receive of it, then the more they will know what to fix.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

"I have turned screen time on and off many times but I still have this problem. Occasionally it will work on my Mac, but after a couple days it will stop working. The screenshot below is what I typically see when I open screen time."

As for fixing all of this inconstancy, you may need to reinstall the macOS. Reinstalling the macOS will place moved items back to where they should be, and will replace damaged system files.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Use an external Hard Drive of at least 1.5 times the size of your internal hard drive.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 30, 2020 3:42 PM in response to jmsantafe

jmsantafe Said:

Some Thoughts:

A. Verify Screen Time's Status:

"Screen time usage not loading: Hi all, I have screen time enabled on all of my devices (iPhone 7, iMac+MBP). However, I do not see any usage in the screen time menu for any/all of these devices."

Try this, to verify if Screen Time is turned "On":

1. Click: "Options" on the bottom-left corner (Screenshot 1)
  2. Click: "Turn On..." on the top-right corner (Screenshot 2)
  3. Proceed from there as necessary

B. About Providing Feedback:

"I have filed many bug reports, but have not heard anything back"

When you provide feedback, Apple does not get back to you directly. Feedback is used so that Apple can get word on different things from its customers. The more feedback they receive of it, then the more they will know what to fix.

C. Reinstall the macOS:

"I have turned screen time on and off many times but I still have this problem. Occasionally it will work on my Mac, but after a couple days it will stop working. The screenshot below is what I typically see when I open screen time."

As for fixing all of this inconstancy, you may need to reinstall the macOS. Reinstalling the macOS will place moved items back to where they should be, and will replace damaged system files.

1. First, Back up your Mac:

Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall. Use an external Hard Drive of at least 1.5 times the size of your internal hard drive.

2. Then, Reinstall the macOS:

Nothing would be deleted. It's just that items that have become corrupted or deleted, would be replaced or reinstalled back to where they should be. Go Here: How to reinstall macOS from macOS Recovery - Apple Support

Screen time usage not loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.