You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Long delivery process for M1 order

Hello Guys

I ordered Macbook Air base model in 13 th of Dec but delivery time shows 20 th of Jan this is ridiculously insane.. Is there anyone face this recently ?

Posted on Dec 28, 2020 3:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 8:07 AM

my girlfriend also ordered on December 28th. Delivery time said 2-3 weeks on the website and our delivery date is estimated January 18th - 25th. It still says processing.

Base macbook air M1

8gb of ram, 256gb ssd.

Located in Montreal, Canada.

15 replies

Dec 28, 2020 3:47 AM in response to msrtc

Yes, it looks like the new models are extremely popular and there is a queue in production/shipping. The base models (8G memory and small SSD) are showing shorter times than upgraded specs with 16G memory or TByte SSDs which makes me think they are shipping them as fast as they can be assembled and tested, just-in-time production. Whether the lead time is due to component availability or the time to assemble and test is open to debate, but you can be sure your new MacBook will not be old stock.

If you watch your order like I did you will also find the delivery prediction is up and down like a fiddler’s elbow. My order went from Dec 22, then Jan 6, then suddenly on Dec 15 shipped and predicting Dec 23 delivery. It arrived Dec 21.

Jan 1, 2021 5:19 AM in response to Branta_uk

Yes - that is why, when I made the order on November 30, they were quoting 3 to 4 weeks until delivery - otherwise it would have been delivered by the second week of December (according to what they had posted at the time). It is now over 4 weeks since the order and it still shows 'processing' - so at best I am probably looking at another week or two I would guess. So their original estimate itself was well off a correct prediction.

Jan 1, 2021 7:01 AM in response to Arthur Busbey

Hello Arthur , I think your delay due to customized selection.

I think i would have received it as well in 3 weeks but due to xmas it delayed cause almost 2 week there is less labour force all around the world.

I was told just by verbally it will be shipped 13. Jan and promised delivery shows 20. Jan. But its shame apple does not consider it it will be 5 weeks for me if it was another brand we all raise a voice but when it comes to apple they don't give a **** and we have nothing more than wait..

anyway i ll close up this discussion i think its solved.. Happy new year all of you guys

Long delivery process for M1 order

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.