You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating new Apple ID & iCloud - can I still have access to my current iCloud mail?

Hello,

I am planning on buying a new MacBook soon. As I've had my current Apple ID (& iCloud email) for a long time, and since I was a teenager, I want to create a new Apple ID and use that on my new MacBook and iPhone.

I will of course will want to be able to access my current iCloud email when I create a new one - will this be a problem?

The only thing I think may be a problem is that my phone number is attached to my current iCloud, for security/verification, etc, so will obviously want to use it for my new one too. Is it possible to use the same number for 2 different accounts? If not, is it possible to have an iCloud email without a number associated with it? Ie, delete the phone number attached to my current iCloud and use it instead with the new one.

I hope that makes sense, and thanks in advance for any responses :)

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 8:50 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 8:57 AM

Creating a new ID is usually not a good idea. You can change the email that you use as your Apple ID without losing anything. See information in Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

7 replies

Dec 29, 2020 9:07 AM in response to FoxFifth

Can you explain further as to why you think it's not usually a good idea place? :)

I haven't got anything saved onto my current Apple ID that I can not transfer over to new one, so that isn't a worry for me.

My main concern is if accessing my current iCloud mail is going to be an issue or not.

Creating new Apple ID & iCloud - can I still have access to my current iCloud mail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.