You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On Windows10 iTunes does not see iPod shuffle but Windows sees it

I am running Windows 10 iTunes 12.11.

I plug in my iPhone 7 and iTunes see my phone and all is good.

I plug in my iPod shuffle (4th gen) and iTunes does not see it.

But Windows sees it fine and I can go in and see music files from File Explorer.

I have this problem with two different iPods - both 4 gen. so it's not a HW problem with the iPod.

When I take the iPod to a Mac, Finder and the Music app see the iPod. I reset the iPod to factory defaults and the problem is still there.

I have all my music on my Windows PC so it would be nice to install the same playlists on my iPhone and my iPod.

Has Apple removed support for iPod Shuffles in the Windows version of iTunes?

iPod shuffle (4th Gen)

Posted on Dec 29, 2020 4:46 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Dec 31, 2020 4:04 PM in response to anothermouse

Hello anothermouse,

It sounds like you're running into an issue syncing your iPod shuffle with iTunes on a PC.

You should still be able to sync your iPod with iTunes. This article will guide you: Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer

If you still are unable to see the iPod, take a look at these steps: If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

That should help clear that up, but feel free to reach back out to the Community if you need further help.

Take care!

On Windows10 iTunes does not see iPod shuffle but Windows sees it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.