You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the orange dot ALWAYS on, with EVERY phone call? I've checked for apps using microphone, but none. Is the orange dot just REPRESENTING I'm on a phone call or is my call being RECORDED by a 3rd party? How do I know?? HELP! THANKS!!

Why is the orange dot ALWAYS on, with EVERY phone call? I've checked for apps using microphone, but none. Is the orange dot just REPRESENTING I'm on a phone call or is my call being RECORDED by a 3rd party? How do I know?? HELP! THANKS!!

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 1:33 PM

The orange dot indicates the microphone is being used. As it is impossible to make or receive a phone call without using the microphone, yes it will show for all phone calls.

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.