You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movies importing as Home Videos.

I have just upgraded my media centre computer from a MacMini 2010 to a new MacMini 2020. I tried importing my TV Shows into the new TV app but they are coming in as Home Videos and not Movies as it did in Mac OS 10.6. I have checked the Metadata in the files and they are all set as Movies and not Home Videos. I can change them manually in the TV up but there are lots and that would be cumbersome. Is there some way to fix this?

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 10:18 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2021 5:53 AM

You can fix it quickly by selecting them all (command - A), then right-clicking on any one of them and selecting "Get info". After the warning about editing multiple items, change only the "Media Kind" in the options tab and click OK.

2 replies

Movies importing as Home Videos.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.