You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My monthly budgets: Keeping formats in "numbers" but resetting entire year budget with zeros for 2021

I have monthly, quarterly and annual totals spending in NUMBERS, fully formatted with totaling, carrying over to the other tabs etc.

Each January I make a copy with all the formats but can never remember how to reset all the numbers to zero WITHOUT LOSING THE FORMATS!

Last year I went through and changes the number sone by one to zero...gotta be an easier way!

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2021 1:57 PM

This year, do what you did last year.

Then, BEFORE entering the new numbers, SAVE your cleared document AS A TEMPLATE.

Then go to the File menu,

If the first item is "New from Template" choose it, scroll to the bottom of your templates list, and choose your new template.

If the first item is "New" press and hold the option key to change that item to "New from Template" and carry on as above.

Knowing that the template has been successfully saved, you can now use either your edited document or your template produced document for this year (deleting the other document), then create new documents from the template each year.

Regards,

Barry

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 1, 2021 1:57 PM in response to The Edg

This year, do what you did last year.

Then, BEFORE entering the new numbers, SAVE your cleared document AS A TEMPLATE.

Then go to the File menu,

If the first item is "New from Template" choose it, scroll to the bottom of your templates list, and choose your new template.

If the first item is "New" press and hold the option key to change that item to "New from Template" and carry on as above.

Knowing that the template has been successfully saved, you can now use either your edited document or your template produced document for this year (deleting the other document), then create new documents from the template each year.

Regards,

Barry

My monthly budgets: Keeping formats in "numbers" but resetting entire year budget with zeros for 2021

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.