You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download an older app version

I bought a new iPad and gave the older one to my husband. He wanted to use it as a kindle reader, email and messaging and basic internet searches. Well... I clean it up and took it back to it's factory settings. Then proceeded to set it up for hubby.

When I went to download the Kindle Reader it said we needed 12.0 version. HA! It was only 10.3.3. AND, according to apple the software was up to date. Interestingly the old Kindle app was working fine on the old iPad.

So the question is... how does one find and download the older Kindle version app?

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 1:02 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2021 1:13 PM

I just off the phone with an amazing support rep... Loren. He found a clever work around.

1. We logged my husband out out of Apple.
  2. Logged me back in... being the previous owner/operator
  3. Went to prior purchases and found and selected Kindle Reader
  4. Downloaded the Kindle Reader from the cloud... yes, it was there.
  5. THIS WAS THE KEY... It asked if I wanted to download the version compatible with this Old iPad? Actually it didn't say OLD. And of course I said YES YES YES!!!
  6. When download was completed I logged out and logged hubby back in with his Apple ID.
  7. The Kindle app/icon was there and accessible.
  8. I'm so happy. Just thought you should know that.
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 3, 2021 1:13 PM in response to mizmartha44

I just off the phone with an amazing support rep... Loren. He found a clever work around.

1. We logged my husband out out of Apple.
  2. Logged me back in... being the previous owner/operator
  3. Went to prior purchases and found and selected Kindle Reader
  4. Downloaded the Kindle Reader from the cloud... yes, it was there.
  5. THIS WAS THE KEY... It asked if I wanted to download the version compatible with this Old iPad? Actually it didn't say OLD. And of course I said YES YES YES!!!
  6. When download was completed I logged out and logged hubby back in with his Apple ID.
  7. The Kindle app/icon was there and accessible.
  8. I'm so happy. Just thought you should know that.

Download an older app version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.