You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macbook pro retina early 2015 - keyboard backlight issue

my keyboard backlight will not come on at all, nor is it showing up in settings. when i press F5 and F6 nothing happens at all. any thoughts on why my backlight wont work? i have tried in low and high light rooms.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.0

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:06 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 8:14 AM

Please see: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

About the SMC

The system management controller is responsible for managing behaviors related to these features:

• Power, including the power button and power to the USB ports
  • Battery and charging
  • Fans and other thermal-management features
  • Indicators or sensors such as status indicator lights (sleep status, battery charging status, and others), the sudden motion sensor, the ambient light sensor, and keyboard backlighting
  • Behavior when opening and closing the lid of a notebook computer

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 4, 2021 8:14 AM in response to hbfromkc

Please see: How to reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

About the SMC

The system management controller is responsible for managing behaviors related to these features:

• Power, including the power button and power to the USB ports
  • Battery and charging
  • Fans and other thermal-management features
  • Indicators or sensors such as status indicator lights (sleep status, battery charging status, and others), the sudden motion sensor, the ambient light sensor, and keyboard backlighting
  • Behavior when opening and closing the lid of a notebook computer

macbook pro retina early 2015 - keyboard backlight issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.