You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro Charging Port Only Works One Way

I left my MacBook Pro 16 inch 2019 on my desk to charge overnight and in the morning I noticed that it hadn't charged at all and was nearly dead. I plugged and replugged my power cable into the same port but it didn't seem to recognize it. All the other 3 ports work fine, and the affected port even works, but only if the cable is in one orientation. I have already tried using compressed air to clean it (it looks free of dust and debris). I have also tried another usb c cable, which had the exact same issue. Is there any solution to this outside of taking it in for repair? My warranty has already expired.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 2:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2021 7:41 PM

If only one USB-C port has the issue, then it would appear the I/O Board on that side is most likely bad. You will need to get the laptop repaired.

1 reply

MacBook Pro Charging Port Only Works One Way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.