You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Shuffle songs from different albums on Apple Music on a MAC?

I have the latest updates to both Apple Music and my 2019 iMAC (running macOS Catalina 10.15.7). For some reason I can no longer do the following:

Choose to play multiple albums by different artists, and have the songs shuffle. So if I had artists XYZ and their albums chosen, I would shuffle songs and Apple Music would play, say, Y,Z,Z,X,Y,Y,Y,XX for example.

I can do this on my iPhone, and I believe I could do this on my iMAC, but either I'm misremembering or something has changed because that functionality has to my eyes disappeared. I see the "shuffle" function on the dropdown menu, but it does nothing.

Any insights (no snark please) would be greatly appreciated.

(And, of course, I see this morning there is an update -- Big Sur -- which I will download, run and see what happens)

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 5:53 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 9:24 AM

Wm Anthony,

I think the easiest way is with Column Browser. Command-click to select the albums you want included, and then start shuffle play.

Similar questions

3 replies

Shuffle songs from different albums on Apple Music on a MAC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.