You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime dont work on Catalina ?

Hallo everyone,

Since I have upgrade to Catalina on my iMac 27" I cannot use Quicktime to record the screen, what do i need to do to fix that problem, maybe its because its now 64 bit? I really would love advice here. If Quicktime is not a Solution to my problem please tell me what program is in its place

I will appreciate anyone who can assist me with this

Thank you

Ronel

iMac 27″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 5, 2021 7:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 10:08 AM

Hello ronelphotography,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you have not been able to use QuickTime to record your Mac screen. What happens when you try to use QuickTime to record your screen? Are you getting an error message? If so, what is the exact error message you are receiving? This article has information on how you can use QuickTime Player to record your screen which you may find helpful:

How to record the screen on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 7, 2021 10:08 AM in response to ronelphotography

Hello ronelphotography,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

We understand from your post that you have not been able to use QuickTime to record your Mac screen. What happens when you try to use QuickTime to record your screen? Are you getting an error message? If so, what is the exact error message you are receiving? This article has information on how you can use QuickTime Player to record your screen which you may find helpful:

How to record the screen on your Mac - Apple Support

Best Regards.

Quicktime dont work on Catalina ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.