You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem connecting Mac Mini M1 to LG Monitor

I have a new Mac mini and new LG monitor (32MP58HQ). Trying to connect them for the first time. The screen starts up but will not read the Mac; it's looking for an input source. The screen shows a circular menu of options, but Picture Mode and Menu are grayed out. Only Exit, Input, and Monitor Off are active. Nothing happens when I use the monitor toggle switch on Input, the other buttons close or turn it off.

I tried an HDMI to VGA Adaptor cable using the HDMI cable that came with the monitor. Nothing. Now trying a thin HDMI cable (from Insignia) to connect them, but still no luck. Could it be a brand-specific issue with the cable?

Posted on Jan 6, 2021 12:01 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 8, 2021 5:33 PM in response to Steve Erwin

Hello Steve Erwin,

It sounds like you re not able to connect your monitor to your Mac mini,

Here are some resources that might help:

• Review: Connect a display to Mac mini
    • "For Mac mini with Apple M1 chip, you can connect one external display up to 6K using a Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port, and one external display up to 4K using the HDMI 2.0 port."

Hope this information helps.

Have a good day.

Problem connecting Mac Mini M1 to LG Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.