You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos App Question

What happened to the "delete photos after import" option in the Photos app? I would like to clear the photos from my iPhone when I import them. I'm on a MacBook with Catalina 10.15.7. Thanks.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:02 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 9:18 AM

The "delete after import" has to be selected before importing. It is usually below the toolbar in the Import dialog.

But this option is not available, if iCloud Photos is enabled on the iPhone. If you are using iCloud Photos, it is not possible for your Mac to delete the photos from the iPhone, because iCloud is the main storage and the photos are only mirrored on the iPhone. Are you using iCloud Photos on the iPhone? It may have become enabled during a system update without you noticing it.

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 7, 2021 9:18 AM in response to esayem

The "delete after import" has to be selected before importing. It is usually below the toolbar in the Import dialog.

But this option is not available, if iCloud Photos is enabled on the iPhone. If you are using iCloud Photos, it is not possible for your Mac to delete the photos from the iPhone, because iCloud is the main storage and the photos are only mirrored on the iPhone. Are you using iCloud Photos on the iPhone? It may have become enabled during a system update without you noticing it.

Photos App Question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.