You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail Notifications

My iphone X does not require data to be turned on to receive notifications of voicemails. My husband and I just tested this, one minute ago.

Yet my husband's old iphone 6 and his new iphone 11 both did/do. This seemed to have started with the implementation of Visual Voicemail.

1/ Is it possible to turn off Visual Voicemail and just revert to old fashioned voicemail that only gives an audio?

2/ Why are only select models working this way? We have Xfinity Mobile for our carrier.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2021 11:49 AM

LizzieSirius wrote:

My iphone X does not require data to be turned on to receive notifications of voicemails. My husband and I just tested this, one minute ago.
Yet my husband's old iphone 6 and his new iphone 11 both did/do. This seemed to have started with the implementation of Visual Voicemail.
1/ Is it possible to turn off Visual Voicemail and just revert to old fashioned voicemail that only gives an audio?
2/ Why are only select models working this way? We have Xfinity Mobile for our carrier.

You'll need to call Xfinity Mobile.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 7, 2021 11:49 AM in response to LizzieSirius

LizzieSirius wrote:

You'll need to call Xfinity Mobile.

Voicemail Notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.