You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WhatsApp chat restore to new phone is incomplete

Hello, thanks you for your help.

i followed the iPhone process to transfer from my iPhone 8 to new iPhone 12mini, but found some recent WhatsApp chats were missing.

So I went back to the iPhone 8, reactivated WhatsApp where I found all my chats and and backed up chats to iCloud manually; it is a large chat history about 10gb; then went back to new iPhone 12mini, reinstalled WhatsApp app from App Store and restored chats from iCloud.

Despite doing this I still find it to be an incomplete restore with missing chats.

When going back and forth between the phones I even moved the SIM cards each time in case. I see from the internet people have found a solution but for android phones, which involves deleting WhatsApp zip file but can’t do this on an iPhone.

Grateful for any suggestions, thanks.

iPhone

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 1:25 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

WhatsApp chat restore to new phone is incomplete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.