You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The Option to Purchase the Entire The Wave Album by R3HAB Missing

Hello,

So that no one tells me that I have created a threat on a matter that has already been discussed, let me say that I made a search throughout all the Apple Discussions threads using a „Purchase Option Missing“ search phrase and found no other issue that would match mine.

I would like to ask if anyone has ever had an issue being that they wanted to purchase an entire album by whatever artist on iTunes, and there was no option to purchase the entire album as a whole?

This is my case in particular with the album The Wave by R3HAB:

The Wave by R3HAB

https://music.apple.com/us/album/the-wave/1421409682

The album itself is available on iTunes, but instead of the Purchase option, there is just some small white dot, most certainly resulting from some sort of error related to the album page, or the album itself (a screenshot of what it looks like taken on the iPhone available at the very end of this post). I realize that I could try and purchase at least one song from this album individually to see what happens after such a purchase (like the option to purchase the entire album appearing the way it should normally be there), but I haven’t done it yet, so as not to drive myself into a potential scenario in which I purchase one of the songs from the album individually, and the option to purchase the entire album does not appear afterwards. I have tried powering off and then powering back on again my iPhone XS Max running on iOS 14.3 (the latest available version at the time of writing), but to no avail.

I have also wanted to report the purchase option missing to Apple through reportaproblem.apple.com, but there you can only report problems related to what you have already purchased, and not what you could potentially want to purchase.

Is there anything you could suggest that I could do in a case like this?

Best Regards

iPhone XS Max, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 4:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 1:14 PM

HI Viper,

Looking at the album in the iTunes Store on a Mac, it states "Partial Album" (in very light gray) where the price would normally be -- see screenshot below.

They do not offer a way to buy the remaining tracks at any album price, only one by one. Not sure why they are doing it this way.

If you need the missing track "Wrong Move," it is available for $1.29 at Beatport:

https://www.beatport.com/track/wrong-move-extended-mix/10730198

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2021 1:14 PM in response to viper_88

HI Viper,

Looking at the album in the iTunes Store on a Mac, it states "Partial Album" (in very light gray) where the price would normally be -- see screenshot below.

They do not offer a way to buy the remaining tracks at any album price, only one by one. Not sure why they are doing it this way.

If you need the missing track "Wrong Move," it is available for $1.29 at Beatport:

https://www.beatport.com/track/wrong-move-extended-mix/10730198

Jan 9, 2021 11:34 AM in response to ed2345

Hello and thank you for your reply, ed2345,

It is true and a good point that the album in question is incomplete, missing track 11. However, I wonder where do you see the information that the album is listed as incomplete? I can see such information neither on the album page, nor on the search results page when looking for that album (a screenshot of the search results page attached to the very bottom of this post) in iTunes for iPhone.

Also, prescinding from the matter of the information on the incompleteness of the album, the situation being as it is, can’t I currently do anything about it to purchase the album at a lower price tag than when purchasing the available songs separately, one by one?

Best Regards

Jan 9, 2021 6:53 AM in response to viper_88

Viper88,

The album is listed in the iTunes Store USA as "partial album." It does not include track 11, "Wrong Move," which means it is not the complete album, This is just what you are seeing in your screenshot. You will see the exact same issue for this album in Amazon Digital Music, so it looks like a decision by the label, not by Apple.

Jan 9, 2021 2:54 PM in response to ed2345

Thanks, man :)

The information is there when logged into the iTunes Store through the iTunes music player (I use a PC, and not a Mac, but it still appears there). Surprising why this information is not provided in the iTunes Store on iPhone, and more so why the album is incomplete since it is from 2018.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help :)

Best Regards

Jan 9, 2021 4:53 PM in response to viper_88

viper_88 wrote:

Thanks, man :)

The information is there when logged into the iTunes Store through the iTunes music player (I use a PC, and not a Mac, but it still appears there). Surprising why this information is not provided in the iTunes Store on iPhone, and more so why the album is incomplete since it is from 2018.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help :)

Best Regards

Glad it helped, enjoy the music!

The Option to Purchase the Entire The Wave Album by R3HAB Missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.