You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are all photos not in "library"?

Just upgraded to a new MacBook running Big Sur (11.1). My photos are on icloud, so they all loaded onto the new computer, BUT the "library" view doesn't show them all. I can see them all in "recents," but the "library" view only shows some that it seems to be selecting. I want the library to show ALL my pictures. Can I turn off whatever automated "curation" the program is doing? Thanks!

MacBook

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 6:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 6:18 AM

All photos are shown in the library "photos" album.

if you want to see where they are in that album, right click in recents, and select "show in all photos"

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 9, 2021 3:01 PM in response to EmDeeField

Just in case you have not yet discovered it - the All Photos view can show you the thumbnails in the correct aspect ratio, without the cropping. Just click the badge to the left of the size slider in the toolbar.

To see the titles the filenames below the thumbnails, enable the metadata overlays just like in the previous system versions:

How to view the titles or filenames below… - Apple Community

This will work in all albums you create yourself as well, just not in the "curated" view of the "Days". There we have to live with the cropped and tiled layout without the space for titles.

Why are all photos not in "library"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.