You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off dark mode for individual “Google Apps”?

Specially....

Google Search App

Google Chrome

Google Photos

Gmail was exceptional easy!

Please advise!

-Randall

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 2:14 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2021 3:37 PM

rgoodner77 wrote:

At one point a few months ago I was able to turn off dark mode in the Google search app but since I purchased my iPhone 12 Pro it’s been impossible.

I enjoy dark mode at night time that’s why I use it but I don’t care for it on the Google search app. Most other Google apps I was able to turn off relatively easy

Proving the ability to disable dark Mode is app by app and provided by the app developer, Google.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 9, 2021 3:37 PM in response to rgoodner77

rgoodner77 wrote:

At one point a few months ago I was able to turn off dark mode in the Google search app but since I purchased my iPhone 12 Pro it’s been impossible.

I enjoy dark mode at night time that’s why I use it but I don’t care for it on the Google search app. Most other Google apps I was able to turn off relatively easy

Proving the ability to disable dark Mode is app by app and provided by the app developer, Google.

How to turn off dark mode for individual “Google Apps”?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.