You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No video on Apple TV

I am getting sound but no video on my Apple TV. I am using an I-phone and I-pad with the latest IOS update. Is there a fix to this problem? If so, what is it?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 3:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2021 10:44 PM

Please try the following:

1.     Restart Modem.

2.     Restart Router

3.     Unplug Apple TV from Power for 2-3 minutes and restart the iPhone, iPad or the device you are attempting to Airplay from – re-plug in Apple TV and restart IOS device. 

3 replies

Jan 10, 2021 6:55 PM in response to Mbwa7368

Please read Writing an effective Apple Support Communities Question and then re-write your question. We are not mind readers or clairvoyants and cannot look over your shoulder so we rely on you to write an effective question that fully describes the issue you are encountering. Without fundamentals all we can do is guess what you are encountering which is not productive for you or us. 

Jan 10, 2021 7:25 PM in response to Mbwa7368

I am using Apple TV to Air play a video from my I-phone or I-pad to my TV. Both my I-phone and I-pad have the latest IOS update.

The TV that I have Apple TV on will play the sound of the Video from my I-Phone but will no show the video on my TV. I have unplugged everything from 1 minute and replugged it. I restarted my Apple TV. I did the latest updates on both my I-phone and I-pad. No still no video will show on my Apple TV during air play, I only get the sound. I heard this is a problem due to the latest IOS updates to my I-phone and I-pad. Is there a fix for this problem?

No video on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.