You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a HP SMART TANK 515 printer but it doesn't work with Big Sur. Any solution?

I have a HP SMART TANK 515 printer but it doesn't work with Big Sur. Any solution?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 5:43 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 6:42 PM

The HP Smart Tank Wireless 515 All-in-One printer is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint, without need for HP drivers or software.

With the printer powered and networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your printer entry and select Reset printing system… This will allow you to re-add your HP device. Instead of selecting HP drivers, choose AirPrint when you re-add the device. Print something.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2021 6:42 PM in response to Claudio1952

The HP Smart Tank Wireless 515 All-in-One printer is supported by Apple's built-in AirPrint, without need for HP drivers or software.

With the printer powered and networked, visit System Preferences : Printers & Scanners panel. Right-click on your printer entry and select Reset printing system… This will allow you to re-add your HP device. Instead of selecting HP drivers, choose AirPrint when you re-add the device. Print something.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.