You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why canon 2500 printer not working on my Mac

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 7:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 1:57 AM

What model Mac, exactly, and with what OS?

This ancient printer (PIXMA MG2500/MG2520 - c. 2014) ought to work with any macOS. It's original specifications state macOS 10.6.8 - 10.9 although a recent driver, version Ver. 16.40.1.0, can be downloaded from here and which the support page says will work with macOS up to the current OS - Big Sur.

And I have a Wi-Fi Canon printer with works perfectly well on my network. Very happy with it.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2021 1:57 AM in response to firdausganesh

What model Mac, exactly, and with what OS?

This ancient printer (PIXMA MG2500/MG2520 - c. 2014) ought to work with any macOS. It's original specifications state macOS 10.6.8 - 10.9 although a recent driver, version Ver. 16.40.1.0, can be downloaded from here and which the support page says will work with macOS up to the current OS - Big Sur.

And I have a Wi-Fi Canon printer with works perfectly well on my network. Very happy with it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.