You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Kernel panic after unplugging external display

I have an LG 34WL85C-B ultra-wide monitor and my macbook pro version is Big Sur 11.1. When the monitor is plugged to my computer, there is no problem. However, when I unplug the usb-c cable for the external display, my macbook starts producing kernel panics after 1-2 minutes. When I restart, it keeps giving kernel panics in every 1-2 minutes after each restart. I tried to start in safe mode, but it kept crashing and producing kernel panics. As soon as I plug my monitor cable, everything is fine. I cannot use my macbook right now without plugging my monitor cable. I believe that using this monitor changed some of the display settings and the macbook cannot work with these settings whenever the monitor is not available. Can anyone help ?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 6:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 7:29 AM

Try resettting NVRAM and see if that helps.

Similar questions

2 replies

Kernel panic after unplugging external display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.