You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

number keys stopped working MacBook Air 13

How can I fix it?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 9:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 10:01 AM

phoenixfree Said:

"number keys stopped working MacBook Air 13: How can I fix it?"

-------

What to Try:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for the keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

B. Use an External Keyboard:

An external keyboard may be how to solve this.

1. Shutdown: the Mac
  2. Unplug: everything
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Plug in: the keyboard and other items
  5. Try this once one.

C. Adapter:

You may need an adapter for this, if you do not have Bluetooth enabled, or if you do not have USB-A plug. This is an example of the adapter of sorts to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Note that it does not have to be Apple brand. But for trustworthiness, going brand-for-brand is how one may going about choosing which to get.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2021 10:01 AM in response to phoenixfree

phoenixfree Said:

"number keys stopped working MacBook Air 13: How can I fix it?"

-------

What to Try:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for the keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

B. Use an External Keyboard:

An external keyboard may be how to solve this.

1. Shutdown: the Mac
  2. Unplug: everything
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Plug in: the keyboard and other items
  5. Try this once one.

C. Adapter:

You may need an adapter for this, if you do not have Bluetooth enabled, or if you do not have USB-A plug. This is an example of the adapter of sorts to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Note that it does not have to be Apple brand. But for trustworthiness, going brand-for-brand is how one may going about choosing which to get.

number keys stopped working MacBook Air 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.