You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't select files \ attach files with safari

hello,

Recently I noticed I can't attach files anywhere, nor gmail or other websites. I click choose a file or the safety pin and the dialog which is supposed to come up (of the finder) doesn't appear. nothing happened. since this happened I tried to update safari and it didn't solve the problem.

I am using Safari 14.0.2

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 11:05 AM

4 replies

Jan 14, 2021 10:53 AM in response to origamyth

Hello origamyth,

Thanks for choosing the Apple Support Communities. If we understand correctly, you are unable to add attachments using Safari. We can understand why you'd reach out for a solution.

Have you checked to see if any plugins or extensions might be hindering this in Safari > Preferences > Extensions? Also, let's see if you can add attachments using safe mode.

How to use safe mode on your Mac

Cheers!

Jan 17, 2021 2:35 PM in response to origamyth

Hi, origamyth.

Many of us are having a problem uploading files on Safari 14.0.2.

There is a known issue with uploading files in Safari that started with Safari 14.0.1 (and many threads about it here). I am still having the problem with 14.0.2.

Dragging and dropping the files to upload seems to be a work around till Apple fixes the problem.

Or you can try a different browser. File upload works normally for me in Firefox, and seems to be working for others in Chrome.

Also, file a bug report, as many of us have.

You can read more about the problem here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252051818

Hope this helps.

can't select files \ attach files with safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.