You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging port damaged

So inside the charging port theres those two clip in things on the sides that keep the charger properly connected, well one of them is missing in my iPad and it makes it harder to put the charger in (I have to put it in on an angle and sometimes it takes a couple tries) how much would it cost to get that sort of thing replaced?

Posted on Jan 12, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 12:08 AM

Find help here:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

2 replies

Jan 13, 2021 1:59 AM in response to sxrbear

Apple don’t offer repairs to iPad per-se. Instead, for devices that remain within hardware support, Apple offer an exchange service.

For qualifying devices, you may be offered a reconditioned iPad of the same model and specification. The cost of the exchange/repair is c.60% of the “as new” price of the iPad. If you have an active AppleCare+ insurance plan, the cost is reduced to a nominal excess/deductible fee.

If you have a very old model of iPad (iPad2, iPad3, iPad4, iPad mini1), you may find an “independent” repairer who may be able to actually replace the Lightning connector of the iPad. Be aware that repairs attempted outside of Apple’s Approved Service Provider network will invalidate any warranty or future support options from Apple - so be careful if you elect to pursue this route.

Dependent upon the age of your iPad, it may be considerably more cost effective to consider replacement of your iPad with a newer model. Of current models, even the entry level iPad8 considerably outperforms the majority of iPad models from only a few years ago.

I hope this information and insight proves to be helpful to you - if only in quantifying the probable cost of a “repair”.

Charging port damaged

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.