You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app draining battery

Hello. Recently, my notes app has been using around 44% of my battery every day. This is super annoying and it warms up my phone tremendously. In addition, I have to charge my phone often, degrading the battery life of the phone which is in turn ruining the lifespan of my iPhone XR. Notes is a crucial part of my workflow as a musician and I can't just get rid of it and it's icloud feature. In addition, this battery usage is happening in the background, not when I'm using the app. What should I do? thanks in advance

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 6:05 AM

1 reply

Jan 15, 2021 6:09 AM in response to matthewaasen

Hi matthewaasen,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand you're noticing a decrease in the battery life of your iPhone, due to the Notes app consuming around 44% of the battery usage in the background. We'll be happy to help.

Based on the information you provided, we suggest to disable Background App Refresh in Settings > General > Background App Refresh. In addition, you can optimize the settings in your iPhone to help enhance the battery life. Here's a helpful article on how to adjust your settings: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan Specifically, you want to follow the section that says, "Tips for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch."

Cheers!

Notes app draining battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.