You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

battery draining after new update

Just installed latest update on 1/12/21. Battery will not charge past 80% and drains in about an hour with no usage. Any fixes or do we need to wait for another update?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 13, 2021 8:33 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2021 4:50 AM

Hello,

For not charging beyond 80%, see this:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

For the rapid draining situation, start with the standard steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Setting > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 14, 2021 4:50 AM in response to kiley104

Hello,

For not charging beyond 80%, see this:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

For the rapid draining situation, start with the standard steps for short battery life:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Setting > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link: 

iPhone Battery and Performance

4) If all else fails, consider a battery replacement:

iPhone Battery & Power Repair

Good luck.

Jan 14, 2021 1:00 AM in response to kiley104

Uhm I recently updated to 14.3 and my battery drained for like 20% on an 8 hrs standby which was unusual and tried to contact apple support. They said try to wait maybe 48 hrs, it might be some glitches or bug and so I did and after that my battery was fine for 2 days and only drained like 1-2% on an 8 hrs standby and now the 3rd day it drained 20% again on an 8 hrs standby so lol idk now I'm charging my phone hoping for the best lol

battery draining after new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.