You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have only 5-6 GB pof my own docs on the MacBook Air, but somehow there is only 10GB free space. HOw can I delete for example the library folder or any hidden , but unnecessary file

I have only 5-6 GB of my own docs on the MacBook Air ( 2018) , but somehow there is only 10GB free space ( not enough for proper use or updates at all).

When I try to delete huge folders like Library or updates I have no permission to do that.

How can I delete for example the library folder or any hidden , but unnecessary files/folders?

Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Gabor

MacBook

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 2:19 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 3:43 AM

Hi,

You shouldn't delete Library folder, if you did, Mac won't be able to boot up the macOS.

I suppose your Picture or/and Music folders are taking up space of your SSD. Move them on external drive and delete them from internal SSD could solve your issue.

2 replies

I have only 5-6 GB pof my own docs on the MacBook Air, but somehow there is only 10GB free space. HOw can I delete for example the library folder or any hidden , but unnecessary file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.