You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ios 14.3 contacts missing

I updated my iphone 11 to iOS 14.3 and now my contacts are missing. They are not backed up to the iCloud and I don't know how to get them back. Is there anyway I can get them back?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 11:35 AM

5 replies

Jan 18, 2021 10:02 AM in response to LD150

I have the same issue, this solution did not work for me. I made no changes other than the upgrade to iOS 14.3. Some contacts are shown, most are not. I have 97 contacts showing on my phone, but 733 on my iPad, where I can still see them. I cannot search for contacts, but when I enter the phone number to dial someone, the name shows so the contact is there somewhere. But I am not going to drag my iPad around to have my full contact list.

Jan 18, 2021 10:21 AM in response to Sbasa

Well you have a similar issue.

In your ipad and your iphone go to

Settings, Contacts, Accounts

(on older ios it may be in Settings, Passwords and accounts)

Look at the accounts - there must be a difference between how each device is set up.

If they are set up exactly the same (though I doubt it) and if you have access to a computer you can sign into the email or icloud account that hosts your contacts and take a close look at the list. If necessary export them to CSV file and take a look for contacts that are missing and look at the format., You will have to do some proper investigation..

Jan 18, 2021 11:26 AM in response to LD150

I checked the accounts on both devices. The differences are that my iPhone was set to default account of gmail, my iPad default account of iCloud. I set the iPhone account to iCloud, exited contacts, reopened, still missing contacts. I shut down my phone, restarted, still no contacts. Then for kicks I went into Groups. I don’t use Groups. My gmail was deselected on my iPhone, only my iCloud group was selected. I selected my gmail group, and there are all my 733 contacts. Maybe I deselected this by accident, but I don’t use groups and have no reason to go to that screen. And someone else is having that problem. Possibly a little bug?

Your time, attention and timeliness on this matter is much appreciated. Problem solved!

ios 14.3 contacts missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.