You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help With Stolen MacBook

My friends MacBook pro got stolen today , and he have find my iPhone turned on but the MacBook is off , is it possible if I gave u serial number and the information about the device to locate it while this MacBook is shutdown ?

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 4:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2021 4:21 PM

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. There is no way to locate it while it is off or not connected to the internet. See information in If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If your Mac is turned off or offline, you can still use Find My to request a notification when it’s located, or lock or erase it remotely. The next time your Mac is online, the actions take effect. If you remove your Mac from Find My when it's offline, your requests are canceled.

Personally I would focus on the "If you can't find your Mac" section of If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2021 4:21 PM in response to youchia

This is primarily a user-to-user support forum; other Apple users like you. There is no way to locate it while it is off or not connected to the internet. See information in If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

If your Mac is turned off or offline, you can still use Find My to request a notification when it’s located, or lock or erase it remotely. The next time your Mac is online, the actions take effect. If you remove your Mac from Find My when it's offline, your requests are canceled.

Personally I would focus on the "If you can't find your Mac" section of If your Mac is lost or stolen - Apple Support

Help With Stolen MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.